Click here | to View our COVID Safety Plan

Student Support

Student Orientation

Prior to the start of your course, you will be given an induction. Its objective is to welcome students to EduNex and give you the relevant information relating to assessment, support services, as well as the student’s and EduNex’s respective rights and duties, during your time at EduNex. Students can also ask any queries and verify their understanding of their rights, and obligations

Course Progress

EduNex keeps track of a student’s course progress and offers assistance to students who are having difficulties or are not progressing as quickly as they should be. Students have access to necessary support services, to help them successfully complete their course within the allotted time.  If a student’s personal or welfare difficulties are interfering with their academic progress, EduNex may direct them to outside Organisations for assistance.

Academic Support

Students who are having trouble with any area of their course should contact their trainer or another member of staff. Our trainers  can assist you with academic help to ensure that you complete your course successfully. In some cases, they may direct you to outside agencies for assistance.

Welfare Support

We recognise that our students may require additional assistance in order to complete their training course. Personal concerns can sometimes obstruct their ability to complete a course successfully. Our staff has established ties with professional welfare providers to ensure that our students have access to services if they are needed. Students should notify their trainer or any member of staff if they are having problems that are interfering with their study.

Complaints and Appeals

If students have a problem with any component of their training course, they should speak with their trainer or another EduNex employee.  Staff will make every effort to address this in an informal manner that is satisfactory to the student. If the resolution of the informal complaint is not forthcoming, the student may file a formal complaint by filling out the formal complaints and appeals form found in the Student Handbook. This will be handled in accordance with the Student Handbook’s complaints and appeals policy.

If students are unhappy with an assessment decision or complaint or feel they have been wrongly treated, they can appeal the decision. The students can do this by filling in the appropriate complaints/appeals form in the Student Handbook. This appeal will be evaluated by EduNex in relation to standing policies and procedures. Any formal complaint must include supporting evidence, incorporating their reasons for the appeal. If this cannot be resolved with EduNex, students can apply to the subscribed external process for evaluation.

Arrival Assistance

EduNex can arrange a pickup from the airport if needed. Please email us at least one week in advance of your arrival. Please note there is a fee applies for this service.

Accommodation Assistance

EduNex Training can help you find permanent, short-term, and emergency accommodation. A Fee does apply.

LLN Support

Students who completed the LLN Evaluation to an acceptable level, but had gaps in certain areas, will be directed to the Admin Manager for extra support.

Student Support and Counselling Services

If students are having some difficulties with their studies, we advise them to speak in the first instance to their trainer, or another member of staff. EduNex will endeavour to assist the student with our extensive resources to bring them to the standard of performance, that is required.

EduNex have dedicated staff to help support students in the transition to life in Melbourne. Staff will, in addition, help with personal or study difficulties and can advise students of free external counselling services for severe problems.

Here is a list of external Services:

To incorporate these services into our organisation we have structured our systems to be aware of any services we need to provide. Therefore, we are capable of dealing with any issues that may arise.


599 Lt Bourke Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000
Telephone 03 83836402 Email:
This service provides professional counselling for a range of personal, family and work-related issues

Cultural Support

We understand moving to a new country and a new culture can be a worry. EduNex will ensure your transition is smooth. We are always here to help with any problems with living or studying in Australia. Please ask our helpful and friendly Student Services Officers for any help you may need.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

If you are a student from overseas on a temporary student visa it is a condition of your visa to maintain adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. This means you need to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and keep your policy up to date whilst you are in Australia and holding a student visa. EduNex can help you with organizing this insurance.

OSHC assists international students to meet the costs of medical and hospital care they may need while in Australia. OSHC also includes ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals.

As holding OSHC is a visa requirement, take care to always maintain your cover. If you do fall behind in payments or renewing your cover, you will be able to continue your cover, but you may not be able to claim for services you received while you were in arrears.

What does OSHC cover?

OSHC policies assist to cover the cost of hospital and medical treatment. Benefits are also paid for ambulance services. 

The minimum requirements of a OSHC policy are set out in the OSHC Deed. The Department of Health also provides Explanatory Guidelines for the Deed and a One-Page Fact Sheet about what is included under the Deed and how OSHC works. For further information, check with your OSHC insurer.

OSHC does not pay for general treatment (ancillary, or extras cover) such as dental, optical or physiotherapy. If you require cover for these treatments, you may take Extras OSHC provided by an OSHC provider or general treatment cover with any Australian private health insurer. You can also choose to supplement OSHC with other insurance such as international travel insurance.


OSHC includes cover for Coronavirus (COVID-19) related illnesses, principally “Lung and chest”, “Kidney and bladder” and “Dialysis for chronic kidney failure” clinical categories.
International students who are stranded in Australia, due to mandated travel restrictions put in place by the Australian Government in response to the global pandemic, are recommended to contact their private health insurer for further assistance to ensure continuity of cover during this time.
International students who are offshore due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) while the holder of a student visa is recommended to contact their private health insurer about available options during this time.

Where can I purchase OSHC?

OSHC is offered by certain insurers under a Deed of Agreement with the Department of Health to provide adequate health insurance to students at a reasonable cost. 

Student Equity and Access Services

EduNex Training provides appropriate support and structures for students with a disability or diagnosed medical conditions,  

that may hinder a student’s capacity to perform their studies.

Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Information

EduNex Training does not tolerate any harassment, bullying or discrimination on their campuses. We have policies in place to help, and will provide appropriate information and procedures. 

Student Hub

Our Student Centre is your starting point for all relevant information and support at EduNex

Feedback and Complains

Student feedback is important to us, we always consider your feedback to create the best environment for our students.

Online Services Standards

EduNex is committed to providing the best quality learning experience we can, whether face to face learning, fully on-line, or a combination of both.

Wireless Access

EduNex will keep students connected with our easy-to-use on-line system

Melbourne is one of the safest cities in the world in which to live, work and study. As with any big city, it is a good idea to get some local knowledge when you arrive. Talk to local people about possible areas they would avoid at night.

If you feel unsafe or threatened at any time, have anything stolen or are assaulted, you can contact the Police for help and report the incident. All Victoria Police wear a dark blue uniform (either a jumper or a patrol jacket) and carry a Victoria Police badge. In an emergency you can contact the Police, Fire Brigade and Ambulance by dialling 000 (triple zero).

You can ask someone you know and trust to contact the Police on your behalf. If you experience language difficulties when speaking with the Police, they will provide an interpreter, free of charge, who speaks your language to communicate your issue.

If you require non-urgent advice or information or need to report a non-urgent matter, like lost property, you should visit, or call your local Police Station.

Ten Tips to help you travel safely around Melbourne

  1. 1. Plan your trip ahead of time. Carry a public transport timetable and know the time of your last train/tram/bus. Call 1800 800 007 (6am – midnight) or go to Public Transport Victoria for information on timetables, routes and ticketing.
  2. Stand behind the yellow line until your train or tram arrives when waiting for public transport. Stand in well-lit areas. Make yourself aware of the location of security cameras.
  3. Where possible travel with friends. If you are on your own, consider traveling in the front carriage of the train, near the driver’s cabin.
  4. Be aware of the red emergency button located near the exits on the train. If you press this button, the train driver will be able to see you via a security camera and organize police assistance if you need it.
  5. Be aware of what is going on around you, especially at night and remember your headphones, mobile phone or too much alcohol can distract you from your surroundings.
  6. Walk confidently and with purpose. Walk with other people. After dark, stick to well-lit paths where you are visible to passing traffic.
  7. If you feel at risk or uncomfortable when walking along the street, cross the street or change direction. Enter a shop or business where you can wait until you feel safe.
  8. In an emergency call 000 (triple zero) for police, fire and ambulance. It is a free call from all public, mobile and land line phones. Program 000 into your mobile – just in case!
  9. In non-emergency situations, when you require advice or information call in on your local police station. The local police station in the CBD is on Flinders Lane near Swanston Street.
  10. If you witness or have knowledge about a crime, incident or offence, you can report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Ten tips for knowing Melbourne

Here are some simple steps and practical information to help make your stay a safe and enjoyable one.

  1. Police assistance is available 24-hours-a-day in Australia. You can approach police officers in the street or walk into a police station.
  2. For life-threatening emergencies (police, fire and ambulance), call 000 and request an interpreter if you need one. 000 (triple zero) is a free call.
  3. In Australia, drive on the left. Seat belts must be worn by the driver and passengers at all times.
  4. Take care when crossing roads – look both ways for cars, trams, cyclists and other pedestrians.
  5. Always validate your ticket when travelling on public transport – trains, trams and buses.
  6. When travelling on public transport, sit in the carriage closest to the driver or with other passengers, especially at night.
  7. Keep your wallet, bag, mobile phone and other personal belongings secure at all times.
  8. When withdrawing money at an ATM, put your money in your bag before walking away.
  9. If you’re approached by a person asking/begging for money, it is your choice to donate money or to say no and walk away.
  10. The legal drinking age in Australia is 18 years and over. Drinking alcohol in public places is not permitted in Melbourne’s central business district at any time.